Saturday, July 14, 2007

One Week Today

Fellow Drummers, tomorrow makes one week that Tita has gone to be with The Lord and we still are wondering why?

This is not an easy question to answer but it is one that we must accept: God is in control and we must choose to abide in his love and his timing for all things.

Tita loved us all completely and without reservation. I knew that no matter what my circumstance she would listen and try to help if she could but I knew that there was always unconditional love on the other end of the conversation (unless I said I loved Hillary C.). I didn't always take the advice she gave but I always appreciated that she took the time to give it.

Tita went through a lot of trials and many hardships but through it all she gained a strength of faith and relationship with the Lord that always seemed to comfort her. I wanted to call her several times today to rave about politics, discuss cream peas and tell her how much I miss my children while they are gone to Deleware. Each time I found myself wondering WTF?

And then I remembered "There are so many of us" and I reached out to several of you. The key is to reach out to those who love you and share in the love that we all hold dear!

My hope is that we continue to abide in love of The Lord and celebrate the "Ten thangs I loved about Tita"

Peace be to All.

Ross

4 comments:

Kurt and Elena said...

Beautifully Said.

To all of you:

"Blessed are they that mourn, for they will be comforted" Matt 5:4

To my Sisters:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Love to all, we will get through this together.

Kurt and Elena said...

On the Lighter side:

One of the Top Ten things I loved about Tita was:

Her teaching me The ability to laugh at my self. Taking yourself too seriously in this family was a unnecessary chore. Mom knew that, and it helped her get through some rough periods. She also knew that there was a treasure trove of comedic inspiration embedded in some of the antics of our family.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kurt for those. We are all so lucky to have each other through all of this. My heart does hurt, but I know it's going to be okay. Ross, good news about Hub, I pray that he gets stronger daily. Also thanks for the swim today, I really needed it, I could feel myself sinking today and that really hit the spot. I highly recommend a swim at Ross' for anyone looking for relaxation and great conversation. Thank you and love you all.

meemee said...

Kurt, you hit it with these verses...thanks so much....I go into my closet when I can't sleep and read my bible....which is a lot! Our gracious LORD will get us all through it...and oh boy does HE send me the music..I promise to lay off You tube..lol....but I have found some awesome songs...


one foot in front of the other......